Roughly 1 in 10 men and nearly 1 in 3 women develop vein disease at some point in their lives. Although it’s common, vein disease can cause uncomfortable, painful varicose veins that negatively affect your life. These veins don’t just affect you physically, they can also impact your confidence and satisfaction with your appearance.
Fortunately, relief from varicose veins and spider veins is within reach! Advancements in medical technology have made vein treatment easier and more pain-free than ever before.
Dr. Bradley Ashpole has been helping patients find relief from vein problems for over 15 years. Vein removal is a rewarding procedure for the Ashpole team, mainly because we get to see patients who are experiencing pain and dissatisfaction with their legs see vast improvement in just a short amount of time.
We encounter many patients who are shocked to discover that vein treatment is fairly straightforward and noninvasive. In fact, with most of our vein procedures, you’ll be back on your feet the same day.
Ashpole Plastic Surgery is proud to excel in a variety of vein treatments, and we’re dedicated to ensuring you feel knowledgeable and confident about the procedure at hand. Don’t wait another day to ease painful veins and return your legs to their former glory. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation!
Signs & Symptoms of Varicose Veins
Symptoms of varicose veins include:
- Red, blue, or purple visible veins
- Leg cramps
- Tender skin
- Poor circulation
- Swollen or itchy ankles
Please be aware of any discoloration or ulcerations that appear on your legs. While spider and varicose veins don’t typically pose a serious health threat, they can occasionally result in ulcers or painful blood clots that require immediate medical attention. If you’re experiencing any of these more severe symptoms, please call 911.
Vein Treatment Options
If your doctor has diagnosed you with varicose or spider veins, they’ll likely recommend preliminary treatment like exercising, losing weight, avoiding tight-fitting clothing, elevating your legs, wearing compression stockings, and avoiding prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
While these lifestyle changes can be effective to an extent, they may not provide full relief.
Fortunately, there are a variety of more advanced vein removal treatments we can use to bring you long-term relief.
- Sclerotherapy: This treatment is beneficial for both spider and varicose veins. During this treatment, Dr. Ashpole injects a solution that scars and closes the veins altogether.
- Foam sclerotherapy: This new treatment option involves injecting a foam solution into the vein to help close it.
- High ligation and vein stripping: In this procedure, we tie off a vein before it joins a larger vein. Then, we remove the vein through small incisions.
- Laser surgeries: Laser surgery is great because it doesn’t require any incisions. Instead, we use strong beams of light to treat varicose veins.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy: In this treatment, we will use a series of punctures to remove the unwanted veins; scarring is minimal.
- Endoscopic vein surgery: This procedure is a last resort for vein removal if other options have failed. A thin camera is inserted into your leg to see the veins, and they are removed through small incisions.
Understanding EVLT Laser Vein Treatment – Naperville, IL
Endovenous Laser Treatment, or EVLT, is one of the most common, safe, and effective treatment options we utilize for vein issues. One of the benefits of EVLT is that it can be performed in our vein clinic, meaning there’s no need for you to visit a hospital.
Here’s what you can expect from this type of laser vein treatment.
- We’ll go over the procedure and potential side effects one final time with you to ensure you feel comfortable and any questions you have are answered.
- We’ll start by numbing the treatment area with a topical anesthetic.
- Dr. Ashpole will insert an 810 nm diode laser fiber into the vein being treated.
- Then, Dr. Ashpole will use an ultrasound to verify the laser’s position.
- Finally, he will slowly and gently heat the laser until the laser energy damages the vein walls. This will shrink the vein, and over time, it will close completely.
Schedule Laser Vein Removal – Naperville, IL
If you’re suffering from painful, unsightly varicose veins, don’t wait to seek the healing and rejuvenating treatment you deserve.
The team at Ashpole Plastic Surgery is dedicated to helping you understand your options so you can feel confident about moving forward with treatment. Call 847-884-8346 to set up your personalized, no-pressure consultation with our team!
Naperville Spider Vein Treatment FAQs
Does insurance cover spider vein and varicose vein treatment?
If you are having symptoms of vein disease, your treatment will likely be covered by your health insurance. If you have any questions about insurance requirements, feel free to reach out to the Ashpole team.
How long will spider vein treatment take?
The duration of your vein treatment will depend on your customized treatment plan. However, you can generally expect each session to last between 30 and 60 minutes. In some instances, you may just need one session, and in others, you may need several sessions to achieve optimal results.