Many women find daily struggles when their cup size exceeds a normal proportion to their body. If you feel like your body has been suffering due to the size of your breasts, a breast reduction surgery can provide relief.
The following is a list of characteristics that can help you identify if you are a good surgery candidate for breast reduction in Itasca:
- Experiencing back, shoulder, or neck pain due to overly large breasts.
- Imprints on your shoulders from bra straps.
- Difficulty maintaining proper posture.
- Having difficulty finding clothes that fit your top comfortably.
- You do not smoke and are in good overall health.
- You are emotionally stable.
- No history of irregular mammograms.
If you can say “yes” to most of these statements, a board-certified plastic surgeon will likely be able to perform surgery and provide you with relief.
Insurance Coverage for Breast Reduction
Depending on your insurance company, it might cover your breast reduction surgery if it is qualified as medically necessary. Often, if the tissue to be removed weighs about 1 to 4 pounds, then this will meet the criteria. Women with DD to H cup sizes also usually qualify. Each insurance policy has a different qualifying process, so be sure to analyze the terms meticulously.
Still hesitant on whether you are a candidate or whether you can afford the surgery? Contact Ashpole Plastic Surgery. Set up a consultation with our board-certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for breast reduction in Itasca.