Are you sick of looking at your legs only to see veins staring back at you? Now that swimsuit season is upon us, many women want to take action in combating their unsightly veins, and our team at Ashpole Plastic Surgery is here to help! We have multiple vein treatments in Itasca to restore your confidence and help you feel confident from the inside-out.
Varicose Veins: What Are They?
Varicose veins are twisted, large veins that are potentially painful, but many people don’t experience any pain with them. When pain does occur, it comes in the form of an achy, heavy feeling or a burning or throbbing feeling. Varicose veins mainly develop in the legs because standing and walking increase the pressure in your lower body’s veins.
If any of your superficial veins are weak or damaged, they are at an increased risk of turning into a varicose vein. The risk factors for developing varicose veins include:
- Age: As you get older, the chances of developing varicose veins increases.
- Gender: Women are much more likely to develop varicose veins than men.
- Pregnancy: Those who are pregnant are especially at risk of developing varicose veins due to the increased blood volume in the body.
- Family history: If you have family members who suffer from varicose veins, you are at an increased risk of developing it.
- Obesity: If there is more pressure on your veins due to excess weight, you’re at an increased risk of developing varicose veins.
How We Can Help
Significantly reduce the appearance of your varicose veins in Itasca by scheduling an appointment with our team. Our treatment options consist of injections, lasers, endoscopic removal and more. We are happy to discuss our options in-depth and help you decide which approach is best for you. Please call us today to schedule your appointment!